Garlic shrimp and veggies meal prep bowls are a quick and easy make-ahead meal that is incredibly delicious! Tender shrimp, zucchini, bell peppers, and onion tossed in garlic butter sauce.
YIELD: 4 BOWLS PREP TIME:10 MINS COOK TIME:10 MINS
- 3 tbsp clarified butter or ghee — for whole30 and paleo diets
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb large shrimp — tails off, peeled and deveined
- salt and black pepper — to taste
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 3 garlic clove — minced
- 2 big bell pepper — diced
- 1 medium red onion — chopped
- 2 medium zucchinis — chopped
- fresh parsley for garnishing
- Place the butter and olive oil in a large skillet and melt over medium high heat.
- Add the shrimp and season with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning.
- Cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until shrimp is pink.
- Add garlic and cook for one more minute. Set shrimp aside.
- If necessary add more olive oil in the skillet and sauté bell pepper, onions, zucchini and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook for 3-5 minutes. I like my veggies tender, but if you prefer, you can cook them for 2 minutes more to be softer.
- Bring shrimp back to the skillet. Stir everything well to combine.
- MEAL PREPPING: Place an even amount of shrimp and veggies into 4 different glass containers. Divide the shrimp vegetable skillet recipe into 4 portions. Cover with the lid, and place in the fridge for up 4 days. Heat in the microwave for about 2 minutes.
Amount per serving (1/4) — Calories: 228, Fat: 14g, Saturated Fat: 6g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Monounsaturated Fat: 6g, Cholesterol: 196mg, Sodium: 593mg, Potassium: 443mg, Carbohydrates: 11g, Fiber: 3g, Sugar: 5g, Protein: 30g